Friday, December 12, 2008

Even more anim material

I know, I know, it's been a while since an actual critique or lecture posts, sorry! It's a busy time but I'll get back to it, promise! :)

Until then though I still want to point to all the awesome animation related material that's out there.

- The new Star Wars themed "Robot Chicken" episode is absolutely fantastic and the animation is unbelievable. The 11 second club points to a youtube clip on their forum. I have the tab open and the clip plays (must be saved cache), but on youtube itself it's gone (due to copyright problems). Maybe do a search for "Robot Chicken Boba Fett".

- Then we have the new Gobelins shorts, which you can see at gobelins.fr. Even though some of the stories are a bit weird (to me at least), the style of the clips are really cool. It would be neat to see that style in a feature with a good story.


- Animated-News got a link to the trailer for "$9.99", the stop-motion feature by Tatia Rosenthal.


- Check out the new 11secondclub winner Tim Granberg and the runner up "Call me Lou!" by Patrick. They're both well done and showcase what the skill level is out there.

No comments: